Music Banter - View Single Post - Earthlings (The Film)
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #47 (permalink)
WWWP
county fair energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey and Salt View Post
I think Phantom did just that. He just was suggesting a film. It wasn't until debate began that people began taking sides and arguing. That's life. There's no perfect way of communication, however, I feel pretty confident in my words and my arguement.

You're right, this should not have been combative. But it is was and will be. As I said prior, my statements were concrete and didn't subject anyone for any other reason than maybe ignorance or lack of proper debate. Eat animals, do not eat animals. Either way, we're passionate aboutour lifestyle and the preservation of innocent life. How one wants to take that is strictly up to their perception and coping skills.

Jamata!
Except he added the PS bit to his initial post. That was likely to spark debate because of the implication of the tone in which it was posted. The post would not have been lacking without it, I'm just saying it was unnecessary.

The topic shouldn't be a combative one, generally. I'm not saying people shouldn't argue - arguing is important. I think saying "eat animals or don't eat animals" is a copout, the point I'm trying to make is simply that more aspects of dietary lifestyles need to be taken into consideration before things begin to get accusatory.

EDIT: Again, further, I think it's funny you bring up perception when everyone got all bent out of shape when Hermione called OP out - what she said was accurate. Perhaps it's just your perception of how she said it that made you feel defensive?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
WWWP is pretty but should be cancelled (digital blackface)

#DEMODFROWNLAND
#TERMLIMITSFORMODERATORS
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote