Music Banter - View Single Post - Rape - Whose Fault Is It?
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 07:55 PM   #137 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by #000000 View Post
Yeah, I get where you're coming from but it's when it comes to serious crimes, law enforcement has to make difficult decisions. If a suspect has skipped town or mysteriously disappeared before you could get a name and picture, do you just let him go? Or do you try by any means you can to find him so you can proceed with the investigation?

It's an even more difficult choice because most of the time when it happens and it's that important to find people it's usually in serious crimes like rape or murder. Which means that if the person is innocent their reputation will be damaged but sometimes there isn't much choice.

I don't know about this specific case and jurisdiction but I know that many will only divulge names and information about people if they're officially suspects/people of interest with enough to tie them to the case. If it turns out they're innocent that sucks but what if they aren't and you're just letting someone go? It's difficult.

Maybe the guy ended up being cleared or else they found out some other way of tracking him down. It's freaky to think of a situation like that but I can also see the point behind it, if this makes sense.

Thanks

Then... what about not going for it anyways? I don't know, I'm prone to getting drunk and horny myself but if my partner is giving those vibes then I just stop and call it a day. As to not perceiving it, maybe it's why clear communication with a sexual partner is important. Even if it's just a one-night stand, I try to make sure they know they can safely back out without getting insulted or forced into anything they don't want to do.
You sound like a really switched on and intelligent guy. I am definitely going to keep an eye out for your posts. How long have you been with your partner?