Music Banter - View Single Post - Country Rock
Thread: Country Rock
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 07:00 AM   #84 (permalink)
Eyrothath
Groupie

I'm gonna reply to this and say that if you look outside mainstream artists that is TONS of gothabilly/rockabilly music out there for the modern times.. I myself have never been a big fan of country music but I can proudly say I love southern rock and western inspired music.. Most bands these days are using punk, polka, hillbilly, gothic, western, rockabilly and southern rock for their music there is even a gothabilly sub-genre..

I first got into "western" music from watching Sons of Anarchy, I got introduced to The White Buffalo..

The White Buffalo - How The West Was Won - YouTube

But as a metalhead, I had by some accident discovered a band called Redwest and another one called Dezperadoz which mix western music with metal..

Redwest - Fistful Of Dollars - YouTube

Redwest is basically a Spaghetti Western themed Power Metal band.. I found them a while ago, liked what I heard, ordered their demo and now they are on my MP3, they have a music video out now and another demo.. Also, did I mention they are from Italy?

Dezperadoz - Just Like Cowboyzz Do - YouTube

Dezperadoz is basically thrash metal and southern metal fusion, oh and they are from Germany..

Hank Williams III - Rebel Within - YouTube

Hank William 3 I heard on a local radio station, this is basically a hillbilly taking over rock music, this is the most hilarious s**t I have ever heard.. I can't believe he's related to Hank Williams.. lol..

as far as Southern Rock goes, I really like Blackberry Smoke, they are the perfect blend of Country and Rock music.. A couple Blackberry Smoke songs below..

Blackberry Smoke - Up in Smoke - YouTube

Blackberry Smoke - Freedom Song. - YouTube

One day by sheer accident, I discovered a musician from Sweden known as Rob Coffinshaker and he has a full band now called "The Coffinshakers" and the theme I guess is "Gothabilly" kinda like "Johnny Cash" gone Gothic..

The Coffinshakers OFFICIAL "Last Night Down by the Grave" promo video - YouTube

Now here is a bunch of other music I found along with it..

Ghoultown "Drink With The Living Dead" - YouTube

Highlonesome - Devil at the Door - YouTube

Legendary Shack Shakers - Blood on the Blue Grass - YouTube

The Builders and the Butchers - Bringin' Home the Rain - YouTube

Drink the Water - Justin Cross - YouTube

Also, Molley Hatchet

There is also a Psychobilly which I have only begun to explore, tons of Gothabilly and Rockabilly out there ever since I discovered the Coffinshakers.. Psychobilly for the most part is a fusion of Rockabilly and Punk music.. I am going to save that for the punk forums though..

Last edited by Eyrothath; 07-15-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Eyrothath is offline   Reply With Quote