Music Banter - View Single Post - R&B Album Swap
Thread: R&B Album Swap
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 08:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Arya Stark
"Hermione-Lite"

Okay so I was bored at work and ended up listening to the whole album just now. I'm not a fan. There were some songs I MIGHT listen to again, but none I was sooo in love with. I'm also just not a fan of his voice in all of the songs. Some of them needed something deeper, sometimes he just doesn't do it for me. Here's what I thought:

"Slow Down" - Super "city" for me. I can imagine hearing it while driving in the bronx. I probably wouldn't listen to it again, though, I just didn't like it much. Nothing to hang on to.

"Goodbye" - I really liked this song. It was sad and emotional but I couldn't turn it off. So real.

"Let's Stay Together" - Also very real, classes R&B song, I thought. Sounded like so many other songs I listen to and I liked it.

"Biggie Nigga" - I didn't think I would like this song at first, but I ended up enjoying it.

"Ghetto Superman" - Too generic, just not my thing.

"S.E.X." (featuring LaLa Brown) - LOVED LaLa's part, her voice was good and her part was just good overall. I liked this song.

"Down Here, Up There" - This was really emotional and I loved it. It was real talk and it just hit me hard. Especially with the recent tragedy in Florida.

"The River" - Idk. That's what I wrote when listening to the song so, I guess it wasn't my thing. Sounded pretty good at first but I wasn't feeling it.

"Still Here" (featuring Three 6 Mafia & Project Pat) - Not my kind of music but definitely soulful.

"More Than a Girl" - Generic

"Stingy" - Dramatic and what the hell was with that guitar transition at the beginning?

"Radio" - I actually didn't get to hear this song.

"Keep Ya Head Up" - Generic and preachy but I liked the idea of it.

"I'll Always Love You" - nah.

Overall, I just wasn't a fan. I think the only songs I would listen to again would be "Goodbye" but only if I was sad, "S.E.X." but not too many times, and "Down Here, Up There" because I really did like that song a lot.

That's pretty much it. Sorry. :[

MB Journal.
Azucar y Especia. My blog.
Arya Stark is offline   Reply With Quote