Music Banter - View Single Post - Classic Gaming Appreciation
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 06:50 PM   #36 (permalink)
Psychedub Dude
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aperture Science View Post
Majora's Mask is OBSCENELY underrated, and here's why. 1) and this can't be stated enough..it had the unfortunate task of following up Ocarina of Freakin' time. That's a goddamn tough act to follow. I suspect that's how FFVIII felt.

etc...

It proved a Zelda game can deviate from the usual Mario-type story "save the princess from the evil man, get laid, etc" It was darker, grittier, in a lot of places, much more sad. It's amazing how they crafted a whole unique new world/experience using so much of the same from the last game.

You make a lot of really good points Ap, MM definitely didn't just stick to OoT's roots, it took a foundation that was laid and made it it's own. MM was trying to do something refreshing, and it succeeded brilliantly. There was a looming dark atmosphere through out the game that OoT didn't really have until the time skip.

OoT is definitely worthy of it's glory but it often unfairly over shadows MM.

tore
Quote:
Majora's Mask I haven't finished either, but I find it more interesting than OOT. And then there's the brilliant Wind Waker ..
This made me all

I absolutely loved Wind Waker, it is so much fun. It has some of the best gameplay in the series if you ask me. The battles were so furiously fast paced and made you rely on quick reflexes. The dungeons were all so unique and fun. And you had a talking boat, a talking dragon boat!!

I also loved the graphics and how all of Links facial expressions in WW were hilarious :p
Eat up all their MC's and drink 'em under the table

[B]Last.fm

Shadows Of Our Souls
Psychedub Dude is offline   Reply With Quote