Music Banter - View Single Post - The Music Banter Members' Journals Monthly Update Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 04:40 AM   #128 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstars View Post
Oh never mind it's here. Damn shame about the league table. If it's okay with you, I'm willing to do something of a "reboot" of it. PM me and we can hopefully get on agreeable terms about it.
No, I was watching for the update to be posted. If it hadn't gone up by this morning I would have assumed it had been missed, and would have reminded the mods. They're quite busy, you know...

As for the table, well I'd be interested to hear your ideas. PM me and let me know what you have in mind. I'm not saying I'll go for it, but I'll certainly listen to what you have to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
I admit that I liked the table quite a bit, but it's pretty clear that you're already pouring more than enough work into this so if it's taking a lot of your time then it's the right decision!

I really like that you do this in general, too. It's motivation, and it's nice to see my name on these posts. Makes me feel like I matter :P
You don't. Nah, seriously, I wanted to try to strike a balance between those who feel they've been here years and people should be reading their journals, and the newly or recently-started ones who are just getting going. I didn't want anyone to feel, to use a football term, they were Peterborough United facing the might of Manchester United (Americans, insert your own giant/minnow team analogy) --- everyone should have a fair crack at being recognised, which is why I created the "Young guns and old hands" section, so that there's a good balance and as much fairness as I can achieve.

Incidentally, I should add that anyone who wishes to be featured, in either side of the section, is free to PM me, though the Showcase will still be my choice. Similarly, if for some reason somebody would rather not be featured, do let me know as otherwise silence is taken as assent.