Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #4723 (permalink)
Newkie
Boozy Lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Duckett View Post
You must be a bit gutted at not getting Tom Ince last week?

Yes Diouf is still at Leeds, he'll be bench warming this coming season if he's lucky. I agree he is/has been a despicable wanker in his time, he cant half hold a ball up though. He came in handy last season whilst we were playing Neil Warnocks nasty brand of prehistoric hoofball, but I'm pretty sure we'll be playing football this season so I cant see much use for Diuof anymore. You can get 6/1 on Leeds getting promoted this year, not bad odds if you ask me.
I'm not really gutted as the chances of us signing any real young, english talent under this regime are next to nil. If we have any competition apparently we can't compete with anyone, perhaps Swansea and Norwich have bigger gates than us...

Yeah, Diouf never really lived up to the 2002 WC when he and Papa Boppa Diop (the Man Mountain) made their entrance. But if they can do a job you have to try and put up with them.

6/1 isn't bad actually, the championship should be good this year. I guess winning it might depend if Leicester or QPR splash any more cash in the summer because they'd be up there then. Be interesting to see how Brighton do without Poyet too and whether Billy Davies can finally break his/forest's playoff curse.

Who would you say favourites are?
Newkie is offline   Reply With Quote