Music Banter - View Single Post - Who would you nominate for Moderator?
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #145 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

I don't think you can excuse, or try to excuse someone simply on the basis that he or she is your "bestie": everyone's best mate makes the odd slip or gaff now and then --- I've made some beauties --- and you can't just say, "Oh it's [insert username here] --- he/she/it is my friend" and expect that qualifies or excuses what they've said.

As it goes, the comment wasn't particularly offensive, well not to me, I just wondered why it was made, as I said. But if you think someone can just do something (wrong-ish) because you happen to know or like them, then you're guilty of playing favourites. I think Big3 and WWWP were having a fine exchange and enjoying themselves, and didn't need anyone inserting themselves into the conversation with a silly and pointless comment like that.

Pedestrian, I'd like to add my for your succinct and very insightful post on why not only mods can change the forum. You're an inspiration to us all, and a credit to our organisation, as Burns would (maybe) have said.