Music Banter - View Single Post - The Music Banter Members' Journals Monthly Update Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #129 (permalink)
Powerstars
Music Addict

(NOTE: Trollheart, if you don't want this published yet, feel free to remove it, and be sure to PM me)

Me and Trollheart are working something out about the league table. I will be doing the work, but Troll will have like an executive producer place. We're gonna try to work this out with some of you guys to make sure that it's more to what the community who actually care about it want. If you don't know what the league table is, allow me to explain.

It will be a chart showing the top 20 journals in terms of views, content, feedback, and etc. It will, along with the weekly update, be posted every Sunday if it gets off the ground. Unlike the previous league table, as I previously said, it's design will rely moreso on community feedback. Here are the current ways to earn points by writing articles:

"YouTube video(s)/Few lines written/Comment (by author) --- like maybe in response to what someone has posted --- 1 point

Short album or other review (few paragraphs, not too detailed) ---- 2 points

Long album or other review (think Big Ears, Anteater, me) ---- 3 points

Short, or relatively short, feature or other item that is not a review --- 5 points

Longer article that is not a review --- 8 points

In-depth series, collection, feature which runs over more than one post ---- 9 points

The post which begins a series like the above ---------------- 10 points

Unique or different posts (like Pedestrian's art or scripts, Po's art and Urban's kitchen article) --------------- 20 points"

And how to earn points by how often you post:

"Daily ... ...........................10 points
More than twice a week .... 8 points
More than once a week ... 6 points
Weekly ............................. 4 points
Fortnightly ........................ 2 points
Monthly or less ................. 1 point"

If you have ideas on any other ways to earn points, or ideas to adjust point values and perhaps things to remove, let me know. We'll work something out!