Music Banter - View Single Post - Entering Las Vegas
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 08:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
Engine
air quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
This was an interesting read, Engine. I'm glad you got through your experiment. Where do you go from here? You've said you don't intend to stop drinking altogether, but do you plan on keeping your experiment going, as far as resisting your impulses when you're reveling in your boredom, as you put it?
Thank you and I'm happy that you enjoyed it, Mojo. You raised an interesting question: Where do I go from here?

First of all, and not to be nitpicking, I don't revel in my boredom. I'm often bored and also a reveler but those things don't intertwine (may the gods help me). I aim to expel boredom from my life in general. I don't want alcohol to cure or compliment my boredom. Quite the opposite. I want to live a life free from boredom inasmuch as possible and fit my drinking habit into that life because I'm not actually ready to admit that I'm a boring person. In fact, drunk or not, I feel excited to be alive and I am happy about who and where I am. Despite all of it's horrendous faults, I feel that the current chapter of human life on Earth is a thrilling space to live.

How will I live free of boredom? I'm really not sure but it definitely involves a foray into the unknown. I may become a corporate slave (please gods, not this!). I may do otherwise. I don't know what I'll do but it's coming soon and I'll be drinking happily when it does.

To answer your question more specifically, I don't have a concise plan but I intend to refrain from drinking daily. That's the main thing. Second to that is controlling the amount that I drink when I do indulge, at least some of the time.

My experiment showed me that I love my life, that I want certain things, and that I'm determined to have them. Alcohol is one of those things.

I don't live in England but other than that, this song describes my feelings today: Can't Be Sure