Music Banter - View Single Post - Classic Gaming Appreciation
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 09:16 AM   #55 (permalink)
Psychedub Dude
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
But XII was very underrated in my opinion. It looked awesome as one of the last few games released on the PS2 and it did the battle system of FFXI some justice for those that didn't get to try it. Every FF has some cheesy love story, so it was actually refreshing for me to not have to deal with it. ALL the characters were important and had their own reasons to be there and develop.
As far as story and sheer amount of stuff to do, FF XII was awesome, but the battle system just didn't keep me engaged like others in the series. I just don't like the lack of control in MMOs and XII had that same feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequoioideae View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspoptart View Post
Ugh, tell me about it. My favorite aspect of the game was actually the license board. Are there other games in the FF series that took that approach? I understand and was able to make good use of gambits, but I think the live battling threw me off in general. It never really felt like a Final Fantasy to me. So I get that "iffy" feeling.

Dooooood I am so glad there are other FFX lovers on MB. Now I can make jokes that ya'll might get. I think that game was so well developed. My favorite aspect was really the characters, though. I love each and every one of them. Even the NPCs were all great -- Dona, Rin, Isaaru, Seymour -- good times.

I'm pretty sure the License board was exclusive to XII, but I may be wrong. It was pretty cool but could be kind of frustrating sometimes having a totally bitchin sword but you couldn't use it haha :p

I really liked the Sphre Grid in X, it allowed for lots of customization of characters. If you put enough time into leveling you could develop your characters strengths in almost any way you wanted.

Auron was definitely my fave from X, he was such a boss. He had my favorite story of all the characters too. I remember being so surprised when it was revealed that he was
Spoiler for derp:
unsent, meaning he was technically dead the whole time! Crazy

Looking back, X def had a pretty moving story once the ball got rolling, its to bad Tidus annoys me so much haha

I stil prefer the psone and SNES era FF's though, they had some really great stories and hold a special place in my gaming heart. IV, VI and VIII are probs my top 3. It's hard to really rank them though because they are all so different.
Eat up all their MC's and drink 'em under the table

[B]Last.fm

Shadows Of Our Souls
Psychedub Dude is offline   Reply With Quote