Music Banter - View Single Post - What are you reading right now?
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #4755 (permalink)
Sansa Stark
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
I think in some of the American paperback copies of Trainspotting there's a translation guide, which I really could have used when I read it because I had some funny notions about what "ken" meant.

Speaking of Irvine Welsh, I just can't finish Filth and I really can't read books about misanthropic protagonists with absolutely no redeeming qualities. There was a time during my adolescence when I mistook misanthropy for maturity, but as I've gotten older I've come to realize that levity is also an emotion so I think I'm going to end this on-off thing I've had with him for the better half of the last decade. Trainspotting and The Acid House will always hold a special place in my heart, but our dalliance had to end sooner or later.
They do but I couldn't be bothered with them for the most part, so I just learned the slang

Have you read Skagboys at all? That's the prequel to Trainspotting, I liked it. Or Bedroom Secrets of the Master Chefs is good too. I'm curious to see the Filth movie though and see how much they actually leave in the movie.
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote