Music Banter - View Single Post - Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #32 (permalink)
Newkie
Boozy Lad

As is the case with so many things in this world, criminalising the action-in this case abortion-will only work piecemeal. It will mean more children are born, but there is nothing to say what sort of life these children will lead among so many other situational variables. Again, as with drugs and prostitution the demand for abortion will exist so long as humanity does, it will only lead to "black market" abortions be they ingested poisons or dodgy surgeries, only these will fund a criminal element that could otherwise be largely avoided, not to mention the harm it will cause to the patient.

There are a few people who take the piss with abortions or who seem what I would regard as worryingly unaffected by abortion, but by and large it is a huge decision in a parents life and a very painful one at that-obviously much more so for the mother. I know three girls pretty well who have had abortions from the 16-22 age range and each one of them goes completely off the rails on the given date or even the month at which they aborted for years afterwards, let alone the period after deciding.

Rarely "quick fix for sluts" which seems to be painted by social conservatives, in my experience.
Newkie is offline   Reply With Quote