Music Banter - View Single Post - Marte Deborah Dalelv Rape Incident
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 09:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Another copy & paste from the other thread follows :

If anyone wants to try and help out Marte Deborah Dalelv who has been imprisoned in Dubai due to her own rape, here are some suggestions to some simple things you can do.

Finally, Marte was also fired by her employer, The One Planet, for her behaviour.

Considering this happened on her business trip, I am horrified that they would not support her like helping her out with legal fees. If I travel abroad on a business trip, I am well insured and assume my employer would help me out should I become the victim of a crime, as any employer should. I sent an email to them. If you want to complain to them, their facebook page is here (though it may be down at the moment) and their twitter is here. You can also send an email to them at the following adress : theone@theone.com

If you want to send them something, but don't know what to write, you can copy and paste this text which was written by Norwegian blogger Gunnar Tjomlid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjomlid
Dear Management,

I am shocked and horrified to read that you chose to fire Marte Deborah Dalelv after learning about her arrest in Dubai, March 6th 2013.

Dubai imprisons Norwegian woman who reported rape

I do not know the full details of the events, but whatever happened I can not understand how you could choose to not support her after she had been charged for having «sex outside of marriage» when she reported being raped. We do not know if she’s guilty of perjury, and I do not know if she did anything else stupid or illegal the night before the arrest, but that doesn’t change the situation. You have actively chosen to support a religious fundamentalist regime which condones sexual violence against women, and that is despicable.

You state on your Facebook page that you want to change the world and make it a better place. Well, this is your golden opportunity. I hope you reverse your decision and give Ms Dalelv all the support she needs right now, including covering all her legal costs.

Thank you for listening.
Source for the letter >> THE One – give ‘em hell! | SAKSYNT