Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 10:16 AM   #5866 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post

Absolutely fantastic and easily one of the better games from 2012. Great narrative and some clever puzzles that finds the sweet spot where you need to think about them, but you won't be stuck on them for much longer than 5 minutes unless you're really thick.
One of the better ones, try one of the best. Fixed an error message I was getting that had made it hard to play and played through the entire game in one sitting and this was easily one of the best games of 2012 and one that I wish I had played when it came out. Everything mixes together, the gameplay, the narrative, the music, the characters, and creates a completely satisfying experience. Despite the fact the characters are just rectangles, they all have personalities, flaws, and character arcs that make them seem more human than many other video game characters. I could never buy the romance between Raiden and whatshername from Metal Gear Solid 2, but in just under 4 hours I got the romance between a long rectangle named Laura and a cynical square named Christopher.

Don't let the "art game" label turn you off, this isn't something like The Path or Braid that is being convoluted for the sake of seeming deep, this is a very basic game about love, friendship, courage, and death and it absolutely belongs at the same table as other games like TellTale's The Walking Dead.

The Steam sale is going on and it's available on the PSN so I absolutely implore you to grab a copy and see the magic for yourself.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote