Music Banter - View Single Post - Marte Deborah Dalelv Rape Incident
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Tore, what if anything are the Norwegian government doing about this? I assume they've at least lodged a protest, sent a representative to Dubai?
The minister of foreign affairs have publically (is that spelled right?) called the whole thing a mockery of justice (fully agree with him there) and I believe that they will help pay for her legal representation.

I assume they are trying to negotiate some sort of return to home as well. Charges dropped is of course what I am hoping for. I imagine that if things do not go quite that well, perhaps they could negotiate that she does her time in a Norwegian prison. A Norwegian girl doing time in a Norwegian prison for having sex outside of marriage when she was raped is, of course, ridiculous .. but perhaps she'd think it preferable to doing time in Dubai and I assume she should get her sentence reduced if this was the final outcome.

By the way, thanks to everyone who have shared this, signed the petition, or otherwise contributed Hopefully, it helps her!