Music Banter - View Single Post - Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 01:13 AM   #67 (permalink)
Astronomer
we are stardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by kallifrey View Post
An uncommon pro-choice stance:

When considering the sort of people who are more likely to get an abortion (dumb sluts, dysfunctional impulsive types, drug addicts etc), voluntary abortion helps improve the genetic stock of future generations by slightly reducing the disproportionately high rates of breeding by stupid people. When peak humanity is reached, do you really want the population to be comprised mostly of idiots?

According to Freakonomics, their explanation for the steady decline in crime rates in the 1990s, was due to the result of the Roe vs Wade decision 20 years earlier. Fewer unwanted children produced by stupid people, meant fewer criminals in the long run.
Abortion is legal in my state of Australia and "dysfunctional types" still procreate and have babies when they become accidentally pregnant. I would actually argue that those who choose to have an abortion are probably the "responsible types" who have thought long and hard about their decision and the fact that they probably don't have the means necessary to raise a child. The lower SES bogans, "sluts", drug addicts or "dysfunctional" as you say, get pregnant, and think "OMG YES A BABY YAY I'M GONNA BE A MUM!!11!!!"