Music Banter - View Single Post - Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #337 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Your journal really is getting better and better. It's taking you about six months to get through a year these days, but you're filling it with so much interesting stuff that it's fascinating. I really think that if and whenever you finish this journal that it should be moved to the Rock/Metal section and made a sticky, cause it's probably the most comprehensive single thread on any musical genre on this site. You've definitely got my vote for Journal and Thread of the Year this year.
Wow such praise and I guess it's now starting to look like a substantial journal. I originally started it as a number of people I know (not on this forum) suggested I write about my love of metal in some type of historical and informative way. So I put 2 and 2 together and realised that this forum would be an ideal way for them and also members and visitors on here to see everything in one place.

As I didn't want to get bogged down with a blow by blow account of each year, I decided to base it around the best 10 albums imo from each year, but as you can see it quickly grew out of that and its now the best 10 albums from each year with a whole load of extras. So now its the 10 best albums set into a historical environment for each year.

The top 10 albums are the ones that can take time to write, whereas the extras I can normally knock them out while listening to the album, so it normally takes around 3 weeks for me to cover a year.

I'm going to keep this format until 1980 and then revamp things a bit, as 1980 with the arrival of the NWOBHM blows things up and from then on it's going to be hard just to choose 10 top albums a year.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote