Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #5875 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Speaking of Indie games Pete. I'm compiling a list of Indie games that I haven't played yet and there is a lot of them.

Which ones do you recommend that I play that are "MUST PLAY" type of games? Even if you think I've played it just list it anyways because I probably haven't. For Example, I haven't played Journey yet or Hotline Miami.
Indie games that I think are an absolute must play

Hotline Miami (fast paced arcade action with great soundtrack)

FTL: Faster Than Light (roguelike in space with great soundtrack)

Amnesia: The Dark Descent (survival-horror done right)

The Bastion (isometric action/rpg with amazing soundtrack and narrative)

Thomas Was Alone (charming puzzle platformer with great narrative and soundtrack)

Orcs Must Die! (3rd person tower defense that's a lot of fun)

The Swapper (puzzle platformer with amazing art design utilizing clay models and intriguing puzzles involving clones of yourself)

Trine (mix of puzzle platforming and action with an amusing little story)

Mark of the Ninja (best stealth game of all time)

Limbo (puzzle platformer with great art design drenched in atmosphere and an ambiguous but compelling story)

Torchlight II (Diablo-clone done right, even if the story was sh*t)

Gunpoint (already wrote about it)

The Binding of Isaac (fun little roguelike with a great soundtrack and a good way to kill an hour or less)

Gemini Rue (call back to adventure games of old with retro pixel graphics in a futuristic cyberpunk setting. Only if you like old adventure games though)

Lone Survivor (sidescrolling psychological survival horror quite reminiscent of Silent Hill 2)

Hard Reset (FPS that calls back to the waves of enemies ala Serious Sam with a cyberpunk setting. Not the best game of all time, but there's some nice visuals on display)

Slender (Don't bother with the recent one that's $9.99. This one is free and much better. Slender: The Arrival is just a worse version of this with better visuals)

Psychonauts (Double Fine's best game to date, charming visuals and cast with a very creative and engaging story. Can get a little frustrating with the gameplay though)

I'll tell you in a few days if Shadowrun Returns goes on that list or not. A few games that I've heard are must plays but I have yet to have a go on are:

Journey (the visuals and narrative look absolutely amazing. I love the concept of traveling with someone you have no idea who they are, and can only communicate through little music chirps.)

The Unfinished Swan (I don't know much about this game other than it seems to be an adventure game from a first person perspective with an amazing string orchestra soundtrack and some incredible visuals. From what I've seen you're in this completely white world and you throw blobs of black ink to paint the world around you so you can navigate.)

Fez. (One of these days I'll give this game ago, but it's a puzzle platformer with shifting perspectives. I'm sure there's a lot to like about this, but I just haven't been compelled to buy it, not even on sale).
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote