Music Banter - View Single Post - Comic Con 2013
Thread: Comic Con 2013
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 02:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

from the previews it looks pretty good....the kid they got playing Ender in my opinion is pretty spot on....well looks wise

Spoiler for HUGE spoiler if you have not read the book.....like Darth Vader is Luke's dad type of spoiler:
personally i think the key is to keep the real meaning of the game hidden from the audience....if this is going to work in any way shape or form as it did with the book....the audience has to be clueless to the idea that the game is in fact real.....and personally i think they can be successful if they do it right.....an example would be The Others....that was perfect execution of the same idea.....and like The Others this is a 100% character driven story....so they have to keep you involved in the characters and how they react to the situations....the good thing here is that there is plenty of awesome battle room stuff to keep an ignorant and a knowing audience enthralled....i just think they really have to balance everything nicely....and they cannot even give a hint as to what the game really is....when i first read the book i was floored when this was revealed but at the same time i understood completely

there were rumors a while back that they would be combining Ender's Game with Ender's Shadow for the film.....personally i think that would loose some of the grip the story can have on the reader/audience...although i very much enjoyed reading Bean's story
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote