Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 07:16 PM   #1846 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Inspired by Urban and Powerstars, in different ways:
Musical conundrums and questions that have been asked, down the years: sorted!

Judy Garland, "Somewhere over the rainbow": If happy little birdies fly across the rainbow, why, oh why, can't I? Um, because humans don't have wings?
Spoiler for Somewhere over the rainbow:

Creedence Clearwater Revival, "Who'll stop the rain?" And I wonder, still I wonder, who'll stop the rain? Answer: nobody. Rain is a natural phenomenon and can't be stopped by anyone. You can shelter from it, but you can't stop it.
Spoiler for Who'll stop the rain:

Lynyrd Skynyrd, "Freebird": If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me? Course I would! Er, what's your name again...?
Spoiler for Freebird:

Isley Brothers, "Harvest for the world": When will there be a harvest for the world? Never. Corporate greed and capitalism will keep the poor poor, the hungry hungry and the dispossessed without anything. Harvest for the rich, the powerful, the influential, certainly. Harvest for the world? Not in my lifetime I think. Or yours.
Spoiler for Harvest for the world:

Carpenters, "(They long to be) Close to you": Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near? I think the big bag of birdseed I carry might have something to do with it!
Spoiler for Close to you:

Peter Sarstedt, "Where do you go to my lovely?": Where do you go to my lovely, when you're alone in your bed? Um, nowhere, unless her bed is motorised and on wheels...
Spoiler for Where do you go to my lovely: