Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 07:36 PM   #19782 (permalink)
crazed
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post

µ-Ziq - Chewed Corners (2013)
His first since 2007's Duntisbourne Abbots Soulmate Devastation Technique, and a sharp contrast to that one's bleak landscape. I enjoyed several songs, and wonder how I'll feel about the album after a few more listens. Mike Paradinas has some classic stuff and is definitely a legend, but he's never been all that consistent either.

Hexvessel - No Holier Temple (2012)
Now this is something very interesting. I've heard a few songs from here on my Spotify playlist of things I need to check out, and they've been impressive. The overall vibe here is Psychedelic Folk or Neofolk, but you could also easily call it Progressive Folk. It's funny that the vocalist at times reminds me of Maynard James Keenan, in his softer voice. The track "His Portal Tomb" sounds like a cross between Tool and Black Sabbath. The riff is Sabbath, but it never goes all metal or anything. It stays folky. I like this, and recommend this. Finnish band, English vocals.

I really want to check out that µ-Ziq album. It's bookmarked on my want list but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

The Hexvessel album is fantastic. I second the recommendation for anyone who likes Psych-folk. I think anyone who likes a variety of prog-rock sounds would enjoy it as well.
crazed is offline   Reply With Quote