Music Banter - View Single Post - Off Colour Jokes and Why You're a Plebe for Using them
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #32 (permalink)
Newkie
Boozy Lad

I'm probably on the same wavelength as Mojo, but with some added **** thrown in.

I see everything as fair game within the realms of making a joke, be it the holocaust, dead babies, racism or rape. That being said, if I am going to joke about something to such a degree I'll do it among people who I already know are comfortable (comfortable as in they know I'm joking, not comfortable with the actual topic) with it by and large and obviously, in whatever situation, actually try and make it funny. Same goes as if I'm going to laugh about it. Jim Davidson racism-not funny. Gervais/Extras implied racism-funny. As were his jokes about the Cambodian genocide, although I appreciate he's non too popular.

Some of these topics have affected me, or close friends or family very directly, and I'm sure many others are the same. Maybe it's therapeutic? I've never really thought about it, I just do it. That being said, I don't think I lack empathy at all. True, I'll rarely go firebrand on someone to convince them something is right or wrong on someone's behalf, but I know how certain issues make me feel and I'm comfortable with my own code of morality.
Newkie is offline   Reply With Quote