Music Banter - View Single Post - Off Colour Jokes and Why You're a Plebe for Using them
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #62 (permalink)
Arya Stark
"Hermione-Lite"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Kittens View Post
I know you're not talking about me it's cool.

Offence is subjective, people are offended by different things. As I said, every joke is at the expense of someone somewhere. People can make jokes, they can't be expected to know what will offend every person they're telling the joke to, it's not the joke teller's fault if someone gets offended because that particular joke is close to home. If they did it to offend, fine, if not, no biggie.

LiveLeak.com - Steve Hughes - What's wrong with being offended?
On top of that, there's a difference between simply being offended, scoffing, and whining a bit, and being actually hurt by the joke. If you take Daniel Tosh's suggestion that one of his fans gets raped on the way out of the show (meant to be a joke), this actually hurt her, and could have made her afraid to leave. Also, his fans tend to be idiots, and could have listened. Not saying it would have been his fault if someone attacked her, but his "joke" was completely disgusting and unnecessary. I might be offended if someone makes a joke about hispanics and... labor workers for example, but it's not the same as if someone made a joke that made me feel threatened or hurt.

MB Journal.
Azucar y Especia. My blog.
Arya Stark is offline   Reply With Quote