Music Banter - View Single Post - Off Colour Jokes and Why You're a Plebe for Using them
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #83 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Yeah, and it's not like he tries to hide it. His use of tastelessly offensive humor is so blatant that anyone who would go to his show and be offended should probably have thought twice about paying to see a comedian that they obviously knew nothing about.
This is a tough argument for me. I think I'm torn in the same way Pedestrian is.

That particular response to a heckler isn't, in my opinion, remotely funny. That has nothing to do with context, or whether she invites that reaction herself by volunteering to be there, it's just not a funny thing to say. Saying that to another human being isn't funny. Fair play if you disagree with that, but I'm struggling to find the humour in that or with something like what Michael Richards said in his outburst.

I think it's possible to make too much of a victim out of the woman he is talking to as well though. It's a stand up comedy show and with that territory comes an understanding that the content may not meet your taste. As I said, I dont think that particular comment is at all necessary but she made the decision to be there, she made the decision to heckle, she invites a response when really she has the option to either not be there, or walk out.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote