Music Banter - View Single Post - Off Colour Jokes and Why You're a Plebe for Using them
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 09:23 PM   #89 (permalink)
CanwllCorfe
Quiet Man in the Corner

I think everything goes in humor. I do think that there's comics who exploit rape just for shock value, and don't actually employ any real humor. I can't stand that. Here's an example of one I think is done very well.

Like Ricky Gervais and Louis C.K. said in an HBO special (Talking Funny), they see humor as a way to bring you to a dark place and make light of it. In a rather macabre example, Richard Jeni used to make jokes about suicide and killing himself. And he ultimately did just that. In truth I do the same thing, but I couldn't see myself actually doing it anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
How do people here generally feel about jokes about autism or where people with autism are the butt of the joke?
Same thing. I think it's fair game. I have an autistic cousin, and I still find some things about it hilarious. Now, do note that it's not autism in and of itself that's funny. It's not like, "Oh he's autistic. LOL." An example would be on the very moral 4chan, where they say things like "autist" and "aspie" in regards to people who are horribly socially inept. And they also tie in their obsession with things, like in this shining example:

And this video showing an example of an "autist":

If anyone is wondering what the "spaghetti" thing is about, it's related to "spaghetti stories", which are all about cringe worthy social interaction. "Autist", "aspie", and these "spaghetti stories" all share that thread of social ineptitude that is so goddamn hilarious. Before I go, here's an example of one such story:

Quote:
>Long-term gf just broke up with me
>At coffee shop trying to think of how to get my shit together
>notice cute girl is has been looking at me for some time
>smile at her and wave a little
>go back to staring at my coffee
>lock up to see her sitting next to me
>asks me what’s wrong
>little reluctant, think it’s a trick
>It isn’t
>feelsgoodman.jpg
>she was dumped recently too