Music Banter - View Single Post - Classic Albums I have never heard
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 03:05 PM   #135 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Can't quite stretch to that at the moment. How about this instead?

Title: Angel dust
Artiste: Faith No More
Year: 1992
Chronological position: Fourth album
Previous experience of this artiste?: Zero, unless you count the cover of the Commodores' "Easy"! Oh look: it's on this album!
Why is this considered a classic? (shrug)

My thoughts
One minute (or thereabouts in) ---- Good, great, bad, meh, still waiting or other? Great
One track in --- Great
Halfway through --- Good
Finished --- Still waiting...

Comments: Sort of surprises me with a quite proggy opening track, not really what I was expecting at all. I wouldn't be crazy about the vocalist but I wouldn't refuse to listen to him either. The music is very good though. Bit Waits-ish on "RV", mixed with some Cave too. Mm. Interesting the way it develops. I find my attention drifting as the album goes on, but I recognise there are good tracks in here. I need to listen to this again, preferably giving it my full attention.

Favourite track(s): Land of sunshine, Midlife crisis, Everything's ruined, A small victory, Midnight cowboy, Easy (of course)
Least favourite track(s): Malpractice, Be aggressive

Final impression --- To be honest, this is the first album I've listened to where I'm completely unsure how I feel at the end. I may end up loving this, hating it or just being meh about it. I will definitely have to listen to it a few more times before pronouncing my verdict on it.

Do I feel, at the end, A) I wish I had listened to this sooner
B) I'm sorry I bothered
C) I might end up liking this
D) Have to wait and see
E) Bit underwhelmed; was ok but a classic?
F) Definitely enjoyed it, but again would I consider it a classic?

C and also D