Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #19787 (permalink)
Key

Finally getting caught up with this year's new album. Got my hands on:

Children of Bodom - Halo of Blood
Tessaract - Altered State
Rob Zombie - Venemous Rat Regeneration Vendor
Iron & Wine - Ghost on Ghost
Megadeth - Super Collider

Some that I have already had the pleasure of enjoying from this year:

Sigur Ros - Kveikur: Fantastic release, really happy with how it turned out, however I find myself enjoying Valtari and Takk a little bit more, still.

City & Colour - The Hurry & The Harm: Love it. Love love love it. I remember when Little Hell was released and how impressed I was; same exact reaction to this album. Dallas Green always delivers.

Streetlight Manifesto - The Hands That Thieve: Not a terrible album, but didn't leave much of an impression.

Black Sabbath - 13: Really enjoyed it, though I think they tried a little hard at times to make it sound like it came from the 70's.

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories: Still feels new. I can listen to it and still get goosebumps related to the first listen goosebumps.

Bullet For My Valentine - Temper Temper: By far the worst release of this year. I was expecting at least a little bit of effort even though this band has always been known to be bad, it just seems like they barely tried with this one.

Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent: One of my top 5 of 2013. So much energy, power, and heavy metal all combined into one fantastic release. Really happy with how it turned out since I had very high expectations for it.

That's all i've been able to get through so far, but there are still a large number of albums that I still need to get around to listening to. This year is actually turning out to be a very good year for music.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote