Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 07:48 PM   #5882 (permalink)
Psychedub Dude
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Indie games that I think are an absolute must play

The Bastion (isometric action/rpg with amazing soundtrack and narrative)

Mark of the Ninja (best stealth game of all time)

Limbo (puzzle platformer with great art design drenched in atmosphere and an ambiguous but compelling story)

Fez. (One of these days I'll give this game ago, but it's a puzzle platformer with shifting perspectives. I'm sure there's a lot to like about this, but I just haven't been compelled to buy it, not even on sale).
YESS!! There are a lot of great treasures filled in the mix of all the indie games. Limbo is one of my all time favorite games, so much atmosphere in that one and it's so simple to play yet so challenging.

A few of my favorites that Pete didn't mention:

Braid: a really cool puzzle platformer with a time reverse mechanic. Great story and visuals, can be really tough to get all the puzzle pieces but totally worth it.

Dust An Elysian Trail: A fun sidescrolling action adventure game with rpg elements. A great combat system and insane combos make it a blast to play.

DLC Quest, DLC Quest Live Freemium or Die: Really great satire games poking fun at the industry.

Shadow Complex: Great side scroller shooter, kind of like a Metroid game in a way. Kind of has a cheesy storyline but the gameplay more than makes up for it.
Eat up all their MC's and drink 'em under the table

[B]Last.fm

Shadows Of Our Souls
Psychedub Dude is offline   Reply With Quote