Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 02:52 PM   #12578 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Why would you even believe a word of what he said when he lied numerous times? He was obviously profiling the kid. It happens all the fucking time and now that it happens in this case it's automatically irrelevant and race isn't involved give me a break. Just be glad that you don't have to deal with being profiled in your daily life.

You wanted a link Freebase and I gave you one. Sure it had a rumor but it wasn't about the initial thing that I was talking about. The specific emails that showcase his racism.
When you come across the emails, I'd be interested in reading them. It just seems confusing to me how he could be a racist yet simultaneously have supported evidence to the contrary.

Anyway, about the profiling thing, this brings up an interesting concept I was thinking about last night as I watched a video on LiveLeak involving an older White man having the cops called on him because he was sitting in the park watching his grandchildren play.
The cops gave him some grief before finally walking away.
The man was understandably outraged at being profiled as a pedophile for being old and white near a playground, however, what made the entire thing bizarre was the majority of the comments on the video...

To sum it up, most people felt like it was a justified action, due to the safety concerns for children. No one was really outraged at the profiling. In fact, they supported it.

However, if we change tracks here, would people feel the same way if a cop stopped a black teen that was lurking suspiciously on a street known for black on black gun violence just to make sure he wasn't planning on shooting someone?

I think not.
What are your thoughts on this?