Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #12579 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
When you come across the emails, I'd be interested in reading them. It just seems confusing to me how he could be a racist yet simultaneously have supported evidence to the contrary.

Anyway, about the profiling thing, this brings up an interesting concept I was thinking about last night as I watched a video on LiveLeak involving an older White man having the cops called on him because he was sitting in the park watching his grandchildren play.
The cops gave him some grief before finally walking away.
The man was understandably outraged at being profiled as a pedophile for being old and white near a playground, however, what made the entire thing bizarre was the majority of the comments on the video...

To sum it up, most people felt like it was a justified action, due to the safety concerns for children. No one was really outraged at the profiling. In fact, they supported it.

However, if we change tracks here, would people feel the same way if a cop stopped a black teen that was lurking suspiciously on a street known for black on black gun violence just to make sure he wasn't planning on shooting someone?

I think not.
What are your thoughts on this?
I'm a bit surprised that they weren't outraged at the profiling of the old man especially with the amount of hate that police are getting in general lately no matter what they do.

Also in that made up scenario, the cop wouldn't even stop the kid. he would probably sit in his squad car for a bit and watch him but he'd probably just wait til the aftermath of whatever the kid does to get involved.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote