Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Sucks
Thread: Metal Sucks
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 04:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdave117
hear me out here

every metal band that I have tried to listen to - with the exception of mid 80's to 91 metallica (who are absolutely INCREDIBLE!!!) -sounds horrendous to me

there's no melody at all, the lead singers have zero talent (or sound like 2nd grade girls - look up iron maiden), and all of it sounds the exact same

Am I not seeing something here or is it just my taste in music?? (I'm very open-minded guy, I listen to tupac shakur as well as metallica)
You are not open minded, in fact, you appear to have no knowledge in music to speak of, is metal overrated?, i think it is, but to simply dismiss a whole genre as crap is something else, especialy one that is as important and significant as metal. Did you just say that Bruce Di<kinson has no talent?, wow, you must be a real moron then, hes only one of the most talented vocalists in rock history, you dont like the sound?, thats ok, you have a right to your opinion, at least when its something subjective like what sounds good. But when you start meddling with objective FACT!, and when i know for a fact that your opinion is wrong, i have every much of a right to tell you that your opinion sucks ass. Not to mention invalid and factualy wrong, accusing all metal bands of being talentless was your death warrant.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.