Music Banter - View Single Post - What the **** Is Your Dream?
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #35 (permalink)
Astronomer
we are stardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
That has to be a really hard job. One of my friends sister does a similar thing and she is always stressed out and worrying about her kids, and almost always disappointed in the parents for doing absolutely nothing or just not being around. Im not sure if thats how it is with your students but I would imagine that is a really hard way to teach. I do suppose a benefit would be if you can successfully teach there you can really teach anywhere without to much trouble.
Yeah, exactly! It's frustrating in regards to the parents, you pretty much end up being their parent as well as their teacher, especially because I teach 5 year olds The refugee parents are lovely and so grateful for the life they are starting here, they just need a lot of support. The generational poverty families... well, they are pretty hopeless. I had a little special needs girl last year who had 4 and a half years old had to make her own lunch, which was her finding whatever she could find and putting it in her schoolbag - often a sole piece of ham or cheese just thrown in her bag.