Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Best Guitarist Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 05:31 PM   #516 (permalink)
mosesandtherubberducky
butt say x

Location: so i read the question as "Where YOU live" which was kinda funny instead of "Where you live"

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
The feeling i get is Pain, Boredom and Annoyance. He's awful, is he technicaly skilled?, sure, in a way, you could say hes very talented, that is if you consider technical skill the only factor in talent, i would consider songwriting and composition more important than trying to play faster than the speed of light. And the fact that some idiots compare batios horrible nails on chalkboard noise to greats like Hendrix is a real tragedy, and the fact that some even consider this man greater than Chuck Berry is even more insulting. Whats so great about batio?, nothing, hes a joke, to him music is a joke, to him its just a charade and a mindless competition, its not about the music, its about playing fast and trying to be better than everyone else, well screw that, and screw batio. I have no respect for him, because he lets the music die in his hands, and the fact he actualy makes records is a act of sheer terrorism. One of the top 5 guitarists?, IN WHAT?, WANKING?, how about pure talent for what its worth?, what does batio have other than speed?, nothing. He has no versatility, his tone and technique blows, and his improv is even worse, you want a good technical guitarist?, you are wasting your time with batio, hes a disgrace to guitar players around the world, hes a disgrace to guitar playing and hes a disgrace to music. Listen to Shawn Lane, Jan Akkerman, Phil Keaggy, Steve Howe, Paco De Lucia, Django Reinhardt, Allan Holdsworth or Frank Zappa, those are players with taste and imagination, real creativity and "real" talent, all the qualitys that batio lacks.

Also Steve Vai has been playing 2 guitars long before Batio, so much for those innovation points.

I wasn't saying that he deserves to be anywhere near great players like Hendrix, or SRV but that he is fast and being fast isnt what it is all about