Music Banter - View Single Post - Weddings
Thread: Weddings
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 06:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Ahhh, this is truth Jess!

I normally hate weddings but I'm getting married in January and my inner girly-ness is starting to make an appearance! We aren't getting married in a church either...
Oh man, congrats that is awesome!

I didn't think of my wedding as terribly important (it's just one day in my life of many), but my wife thought it very important and I am happy to say that it turned out completely awesome. Much better than any church wedding I've been to!

One thing I don't like with church weddings, aside from me being an atheist and not a hypocrite (imo), is that religion sometimes steals attention away from what I think is important, which is the people getting married and their dedication to eachother and their love. Some priest reading passages from the bible often detracts from that, I think.

Also, churches feel sort of oppressive in that if I say something or accidentally cough, the acoustics will make sure everyone knows At least in Norwegian churches, people tend to turn quiet, obedient and not quite themselves. We wanted a more relaxed environment for our wedding.