Music Banter - View Single Post - Is it cool for guys to cry?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 02:33 AM   #157 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
What are you basing this on though? If you think women are more emotional than men then why? If you're basing it on all your belief that women cry more than men, then my point is you may be missing the real point being made here.

Just because women cry more (if they do) doesnt necessarily mean they are more emotional. It could just mean they dont feel the need to hide their emotions. I'm a man, and I will even admit that over the last few years I have started to bottle my emotions up more than I used to, and to be honest I'm starting to really hate the fact I do that. My emotions are still there, but for some reason I choose to try very hard not to show them to anyone.
You've got to be so careful with that. I used to bottle up my emotions and trauma too and ended up with depression. I'm a lot more open now and feel comfortable talking to my friends and family about what is going on in my life. If I wasn't diagnosed with depression I might have become suicidal. I've had those thoughts many times but have got through every single thing I've had thrown at me, climbed the mountain of issues and stress.

I actually think I've read somewhere that crying can actually make you feel better after. But I'm not sure it does because I get into fits of crying for days and days through stress and anxiety. I have a lot going on in my life and in my families life which has really effected me emotionally but also spiritually and physically too with headaches, breathing problems/panic attacks and anxiety.

I think the point of what I'm getting at is that people are very complex as a species and I don't think you can really say that women cry more than men because there is so many differences about what's driving the tears. It's a bit sexist to fit a woman into the weak, fragile basket and the men being the strong, the unemotional basket.