Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 04:00 AM   #9789 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

RICHARD HAWLEY - COLES CORNER (2005)
I heard WWWP play the title track in Plug and had to check the record out. I've been pretty much obsessing over it ever since. Quite an odd vocal style for the modern day, sounding like a romantic throwback to a crooner age in a smooth baritone. A wonderful album to lie back and do nothing to.

RICHARD HAWLEY - STANDING AT THE SKYS EDGE (2012)
I had to check out more of Richard Hawleys albums, and this was one of them. Mainly because I very nearly listened to it last year and for whatever reason didn't. It's a marked change in direction, to a more psychedelic wall of swirling guitars taking centre stage while his trademark vocals are left lurking in the background. It is, however, still a damn fine record.

YEAR OF NO LIGHT - AUSSERWELT (2010)
I was first introduced to these guys thanks to a download of their performance from the Roadburn festival, a live album made available for free thanks to the brilliant Bandcamp page of Burning World Records. A friend of mine also really digs them. A very good record. Broody, atmospheric sludge metal and post-rock.

ROB HERON & THE TEAPAD ORCHESTRA - MONEY ISN'T EVERYTHING (2012)
Pretty decent, fun, local band who play ragtime blues/gypsy folk. In places it's a little too comical and tongue in cheek for my taste, but theres also decent tracks on it and it is a lot of fun. I saw them recently and had a blast. A great band for a night out on the booze.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote