Music Banter - View Single Post - The Doghouse v.II
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 11:11 AM   #82 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Well, I'd have come back here with another album review or something similar, but my music library's decided to crash on me, so I'm gonna have to muster the energy to try and fix it so I can actually, y'know, listen to music again. The files for it are all intact, and backed up on 2 hard drives, it's just getting this piece of crap to work again that's gonna take its time.

In the mean time, maybe I should read some of these other journals for a bit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Welcome back man! It's great to see you!
Thanks pal, it's good to see you too, and good to see you're still a mod as well, looking after this place and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Welcome back dude! As Trollheart mentioned, there was very recently an outpouring of "We miss Bulldog" nostalgia, whether you read it or not. I hope you do stick around for a little while.
I haven't checked it out, no, but thanks for the welcome. It's nice to hear that people missed me, even if it is a tad unearned on my part I'll be sticking around for a little while, sure. Beyond that, can't really say, although I am getting to the point where I'm trying to think of an avatar for myself again! Time to time I've missed this though in a way, thought it was about time I dropped by again as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
I heard the new Bowie album under circumstances that were far from perfect. I was on my way back from Download festival, which you may be able to imagine was not necessarily the perfect circumstances in which to check out a new Bowie record. It didn't matter though, I really liked it. Very impressive stuff for someone his age who has been away from the public eye for so long. I can't help but feel like it wouldn't have surprised anyone if it was a massive turd.
I can only imagine the sheer juxtaposition going on between Bowie and the Download lineup Assuming of course it's anything like the Download fest I remember from when I was a teenager. The Next Day's a very good album, I agree. I don't think it's as good as Heathen so far as his newer stuff goes (an album you should certainly check out if poss), but there are some fantastic individual tracks on the new one.

Also, you're not in the blue squad anymore, what happened there?
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote