Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 09:31 PM   #13413 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

John Dies at the End (2012)
It falls apart a bit toward the end but I loved this most recent effort from Don Coscarelli. It's unique, wacky, and just the kind of movie that creeps it's way onto my favorites list. If you love movies like Repo Man, Liquid Sky and Buckaroo Banzai the way I do, then this is definitely a movie for you, but it's certainly not a movie for all tastes.

Machete (2010)
I admire Robert Rodriguez for his DIY ethos but I seldom love his movies. This was the exception. Ball to the walls awesomeness from beginning to end. Loved it.

Lady Snowblood (1973)
Harsh Japanese revenge movie with gorgeous cinematography that feels at least ten years ahead of its time. This was a heavy influence on Kill Bill and it's very noticeable. Great stuff.

Haywire (2011)
I tend to have mixed feelings about Steven Soderbergh's movies and this was no exception. The cinematography was gorgeous but the overall mood and the the music that contributed greatly to it was certainly an odd choice. Despite being a spy thriller this entire movie felt very downbeat, even the fight scenes. I still haven't decided whether I like that or not.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote