Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 04:31 AM   #13416 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Cool, will keep an eye out for this Looks alright for light entertainment. But how was Knightley? She's attractive, but I'm not sure how I like her as a dramatic actress.
Her character is a bit of a quirky, weird, hipster type and so while I feel she could potentially have been a bad choice for a dramatic role, it mostly works out - by taking most of the dramatic focus away from her, she even provides the light comic relief at times while Carell is the straight actor.

Neither performance was particularly outstanding, but if you look at the film as light entertainment then I would say it's worth a watch. For example it's an apocalypse film but at no point does it even attempt to offer a back story, such as why the world is ending, it simply doesn't go anywhere near it. It offers stories of enduring loneliness, seeking companionship and family in the face of the world coming to an end.

I thought there was enough there to warrant an above average grade, more around the 7 mark or something. I would buy it on DVD or Blu Ray - if I found it at a cheap price.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote