Music Banter - View Single Post - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 05:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Yeah, I listened to them a little back then and saw them live once as well. I thought they decent but honestly I had kind of forgotten about them.
I used to love this band. I loved their debut album. Take Them On got played a lot, Howl was pretty cool and I also really liked Baby 81. They used to do retro psychedelic very, very well in my opinion.

I saw them live a few times inbetween probably 2001 and 2005. They were much louder than I had thought they were gonna be, especially the first time I saw them. The tone of the debut record seems considerably less harsh than it seems it could have easily been, as if it were lost somewhat in the haziness of it. Intentionally, I'm sure. So when they were much, much louder live it kind of took me by surprise a little. It was a great show.

Saying that, that didn't stop me once going to see them at a festival and, after a couple of days of heavy drinking and not a lot of sleeping, lay down inside the tent, towards the back, while waiting for them to come on and woke up probably about 5 or 6 tracks into their set, with a lot less money in my pocket and no cigarettes.

I don't think theres a lot to their latter material to really convince those who havent heard them for a while to check it all out. The instrumental The Effects of 333 record was painfully boring, Beat the Devils Tattoo was better but still didn't leave much of an impression on me, and this years Specter at the Feast was a load of ****.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote