Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 11:53 AM   #13417 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

The Dark Knight Rises

It was okay but not really the trilogy capping second coming everyone seemed to be expecting. I liked Joseph Gordon Levits character and expect him to transition into the comics the same way Batgirl and Harley Quinn did and I thought Anne Hathaway did a fantastic job as Selina Kyle. Tom Hardy's Bane was an admirable attempt at creating a menacing villain, but overall I just don't think it worked. Gary Oldman is still the best part of this trilogy, and funnily enough Batman is still the least interesting, although made better now that he was hardly in it. Overall while it's good that Christopher Nolan's trilogy redeemed Batman after the state Joel Schumacher left it in, I really hope his new incarnation in 2015 differs from this one.

The Avengers

Loved it, loved the action, loved the narrative, loved the pacing, and loved the chemistry between the characters, specifically Tony Stark and Bruce Banner. Loved how they paid homage to the source material and remembered that superheroes are meant to be inspirational to everyone, not just adult fans. Definitely excited about Avengers 2: Age of Ultron and Guardians of the Galaxy.

If anyone else watched this one Netflix, did you notice the sound to be really awful? Like when you have to have it cranked up during the talkie scenes? I found both of these films to be like that, The Dark Knight Rises especially. It was so bad I actually had to watch it on my PC with headphones so I could hear what the fu*k people were sayin.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote