Music Banter - View Single Post - Kanye West - Yeezus
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 02:53 PM   #217 (permalink)
butthead aka 216
Account Disabled

Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
I didn't read through all 21 pages of this thread, but thought I'd go ahead and give my impressions.

The album just really pissed me off. I'm convinced now every release of Kanye's is his attempt to see what he can get away with. This is the polar opposite of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. Where that album was huge, layered, extensively advertised, had multiple covers, and was generally just as overdone as possible (don't get me wrong...I really liked it) Yeezus is sparse, minimal, there is NO cover art, the advertising was minimal, and it is generally as monotonous as can be. The whole time I felt like he was saying to himself "well I got away with big...I can do whatever the hell I want and people will eat this **** up"...and I kind of felt insulted by the whole thing.

His last album was good, but honestly the guy just makes me mad now. I think I'm done with him.

i actually think he is consciously doin that. you see the clothes he just put out? like plain whtie shirts for $100+ hes just seein how far he can go and how dumb fans will be
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote