Music Banter - View Single Post - Phonographic Memory
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 02:56 PM   #49 (permalink)
ladyislingering
Maelian

Just a quick update; my memoir is coming along slowly but I am well determined to write it (and hopefully fulfill my lifelong dream of actually publishing my writing). On the hunt for a new job because part-time gigs are a waste of time in this day and age.

A couple songs that have been rolling through my brain today (but I haven't actually heard in a while) -

Bobby Fuller - "I Fought the Law"

T. Rex - "Rabbit Fighter"

Spoiler for Marc Bolan is my eternal source of agony.:

Genesis - "Alone Tonight"

Spoiler for I listened to "Duke" twice that night.:

Journey - "Feeling That Way/Anytime"

(This song will always remind me of an insanely stoned 3-block drive from a duplex I used to live in, to a nearby convenience store. I'll never forget the odd smell of the Pontiac Sunbird(?) when it sat in the sun all morning.)

Spoiler for I think I underestimated my intoxication that day.:

I was playing this single the other day - I don't know why I have the 7" vinyl but whatever, my life is full of surprises. It just sounded really good. God damn it, it's so good.

Def Leppard - "Foolin'"

Spoiler for Oh my god.:

That same day, this song rolled into and through my head as I was dying from the heat (in spite of our fabulous new fans) upstairs in our apartment.

Billy Idol - "Hot in the City"

Spoiler for Billy's kind of a turd but I love him.:

Hopefully, eventually I'll have more to post, more time, more resources, etc. For now this will do. Besides, I've been dusting off some LPs I haven't touched in years so perhaps the lack of internet in our apartment is a good thing.