Music Banter - View Single Post - Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 03:45 PM   #350 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Quite a few bands over these last few pages here that I have never heard of before. Not even the names. I'll have to check out the YT videos when I get a chance (filtered here at college) and see if theres anything here I can get into.

I also tend to neglect the 1970s for a lot of harder rock and heavy metal music. I'm really into 60s psych/garage and then I have a lot of 80s metal, mostly thrash, and so the 70s often doesnt receive as much attention as it probably should.
That's a huge gap in your listening to avoid the bulk of a decade, especially since most of the stuff that you love in the 1980s would've been hugely influenced by most of these albums in the 1970s. Get listening my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hat€monger ? View Post
I'll be very disappointed if you don't cover Violation or Attention Shoppers by Starz.
If were talking underrated mid 70s rock they're practically the poster boys for it.
Well they're not in my initial top 10 for sure, but I could do a feature to bulk out the year, which kind of interests me with Starz. I don't think they're underrated at all, as they weren't that good anyway musically, they had some good and catchy songs and were certainly loud when they wanted to be. Their big problem was that they came out a few years too early, had they come out a few years later, they would've caught the glam metal boom. I guess they weren't as lucky as Quiet Riot who were around at the same time.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote