Music Banter - View Single Post - The Mac Miller Theory.
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 04:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
justusclark
Groupie

Talking The Mac Miller Theory.

Everyone knows Mac Miller. Characterized as the "White Rapper" Mac has really opened a whole new world of opprotunity. No this isn't just a race thing. Mac's individuality and diverse rythm has broken into the music players of millions. Mac has also been an influence to many other rappers of the same "lay back and smoke" genera. Some new artist that are arising really hold true to the post 90's vibe in the sampled tracks and flows at least. Rap music is no longer only, "Hoes hoes pimps pimps weed drank more dank". Now rap has a new face. A stream of consciousness feel where flows lead in to more and a hook isn't necessarily a factor. Where people speak there mind rather than there activities. It showed the world that, if that white dude can do that, then why cant i. Artist like Hi-Rez and Kendrick Lamar are other good examples of this influence in music. Kendrick especially in my opinion for his daring lines that go against the norm in every way. The complexity he presents is something to behold. "My mind is living on cloud nine but this cloud is never on vacation" from a rapper who doesnt smoke weed. Not such a landmark on the game yet, but Chicago rapper "Chance The Rapper" and even young aspiring artist on youtube who haven't quite made a name yet like Jason Gilbert and Strickly Clark. New Mexico rapper Strickly Clark has a very interesting unique flow and goes against alot of the things Kendrick does as far as drug abuse and following your dreams (besides the black pride factor). Out of all of the up and coming artist i believe he shows the most potential. Also make sure that you don't miss Nomad (a trap rapper from San Antonio) and everyone else mentioned in this article you havent heard. This is the birth of eclectic rap.
justusclark is offline   Reply With Quote