Music Banter - View Single Post - The American Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 11:16 AM   #1641 (permalink)
butthead aka 216
Account Disabled

Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forward To Death View Post
Except that Matt Shaub has **** the bed in the playoffs, whereas guys like Eli and Flacco have played their best football in the postseason. I don't see where there's an argument to be made, Matt Shaub is a decent QB who'll most likely only win a SB if the team around him picks him up. He isn't the kind of QB who can carry a team on his back.
oh cmon, eli's teams didn't carry him??? giants have had one of the most dominant pass rushes for years. he is one incredibly lucky catch (tyree helmet catch) and one dynamite throw (that pass down the sideline between the cb and safety to manningham i think) from zero super bowls. my point is that it's an incredibly thin line that seperates super bowl QBs and non super bowl qbs. If denvers safety is competent, ravens dont even get to the superbowl!! a degree of luck is certianly required. i dont think theres really much difference between flacco, eli and schaub.

does anyone really think eli is better than peyton cause of more rings?? i just hate using rings in any sport but especially football as an indicator of greatness.

matt ryan only has 1 playoff win but i think hes probably the 4th best qb in the game right now. falcons just signed him to a huge deal as they should have
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote