Music Banter - View Single Post - Moving To A New Forum
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 06:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Default Moving To A New Forum

Hey guys!

This is not a passionate revolt against the moderators or anything like that, but I've often thought that it would be better for the musicbanter community if those involved in the community had more power over the site itself; layout, functions and so on. This has been brought up before, but I'm bringing it up again.

Quite a few of us have experience or even expertise with making and running sites and, if we put our heads and perhaps a little bit of our resources together, I figure something like this is a possibility. So, imagine a scenario where all of us move onto a new forum. Threads/announcements describing the move would be set up and the mods here would be mods on the new forum and the active members here would be members on the new forum. In other words, the community stays the same but the place is new and the URL would change. What I want to ask is how feasible is this idea? Do you like the idea? Do you like it so much you'd f.ex help pay a little for server fees? If someone went through all the trouble of getting it set up, would you come along? Could or would you contribute in some way? What are the risks? How would being on a new site change our community?

Discuss!