Music Banter - View Single Post - Moving To A New Forum
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

I´m a bit embarrassed to start off the discussion on a negative note, tore, but I personally don´t find the present MB format that uncomfortable. I also think it´d be pretty hard to get all members to swap to another site, so division of the membership would be a real risk, I suspect.

One of the good things about MB is that there are zillions of interesting posts, dating back to the days when you and other constructive members were cataloguing and reviewing every artist that ever picked up a microphone. What would happen to that wealth of information, I wonder ?

I expect you´ve heard the little fable about the monkey with a stone in his hand; he has to drop the stone before he can pick up a peach, and maybe I´m like that unimaginative monkey, clinging to MB because I can´t easily imagine a better, new site.
But I´d also like to say, on this issue, that I´m quite prepared to change from monkey to sheep - and will happily follow everybody else if they prefer to re-locate. So, as a voter my position is, "Well, tell me who the president is going to be, and I´ll agree." How´s that for spinelessness!