Music Banter - View Single Post - The Nostalgic Time Line of Paradox and Music
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
FrigginParadox
Music Addict

**Bone Thugs N Harmony**
**E. 1999 Eternal (1995)**

In January I was in the car with my father and we were heading to my basketball game about a half hour away, he put on the Notorious Movie soundtrack. I enjoyed it, it was classic biggie, but their was one song that I was fairly new too. It was called Notorious Thugs. I loved that song, especially the 2nd and 3rd verse. I asked my father “Who are those rappers?” he said they are “Bone Thugs N Harmony”. I asked him if he had their album, he said he had it digital. He burned the album on a CD and we listened to it the next day when we were washing his car. He forgot to change the stereo to play the songs straight through so it was all random so the first song I heard was Budsmoker Only I loved the beat and the flows on it, it became my favorite song at the time and I would add it to my reggae and hiphop playlist for when I play Saints Row 2 and Call of Duty WOW and it always brings me back to that time. Sometimes I would play the album as a whole and some standout tracks would be Crossroads, 1st of the Month, Down 71 the Getaway, Me Killa, and Mr Bill Collector. A quick fact I should bring up! Every first of the month I make my status on FB and twitter “wake up wake up wake up it’s the first of tha month; get up get up get up cash yo checks and get up!” This album is my all-time favorite album. It brings me back to the 8th grade, one of my favorite years despite the heartbreak of my first real crush (looking back on it it was hilarious) I met some new people and I became one of the most known kids in the school, I made sure everyone felt like they had a friend! This is what this album reminds me of, I love it!

Bone Thugs N Harmony - Budsmokers Only - YouTube
Bus Driver
Temporary Forever (2002)

Soon a few months went by and I still been listening to mostly singles. I soon started to become obsessed with Bone Thugs N Harmony, I learned all there verses on their fastest song Flow Motion(original) in an hour. Slightly before that my friend showed me another rapper who had some fast verses. He told me the guy had a song on Tony hawks Underground, and it was Imaginary Places by Busdriver, I remembered it and I loved it a lot, so I listened to his album Temporary Forever and I loved it! The songs Gun Control, New Aquarium, jazz Fingers and Idle chatter, were some of my favorites off the album, it was a fun album to listen to and I enjoyed it for some time. Reminds me of starting the 9th grade which would also become one of my favorite years. My homeroom teacher would become my all time favorite teachers; the lunchroom was fun with friends and the bus to school and back were so memorable.
FrigginParadox is offline   Reply With Quote